Saturday, February 14, 2009

Infertility etiquette

If you want to. On the blog, The R House, she has posted an article about infertility and the etiquette involved. Not that many people have been insensitive, or nobody knowingly has said hurtful things, I just wanted to shed some light on this article because I think it is excellent. The article she posts is very good. It explains some of the feelings that I have felt and loved ones have felt. I know my biggest pet peeve is when people at Church start bugging us about children. They figure that since my youngest is 2 (almost) that we should be on this plan to have more kids because...it's just time I guess.

I will state that 90% of the time I am OKAY. Don't feel bad for me. I have had time to understand and come to grips with how things are for me. But the pain is still there, sometimes stronger than at other times. Maybe this article will help with other people in your life. It helps me describe the feelings I have had. Maybe you will enjoy it. Don't be offended. I just came across it and felt like I needed to share it.

Here is the article if you are interested. Just a few things to think about when you are around people with fertility problems.

The only thing I want to add is when we decided to adopt, it was hard. But our little Brooklyn is sooo much like us that we don't even consider her adopted at all. To us, it is just a term for how she got to be apart of our family. She was born in our hearts and Kenzie was born inside of me. It is all the same to me so if anyone wants to adopt or is struggling with the decision, we are more than happy to talk to you. We love the process.

No comments: