Monday, November 10, 2008

A Thought for Christmas.....Please Leave Your Input!

I was just thinking about Christmas. Early I know, but I am an early girl. Anyway, a thought came into my head this morning as I have been trying to figure out neighbor gifts (stressful!) when I remembered a conversation my best friend, Celest, and I had last year. Her neighborhood decided to omit neighborhood gifts and instead donate to Primary Children's Hospital. Their neighborhood just donated the money they would've spent on gifts and pooled all their money together under an account set up for their neighborhood. They raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000. How cool is that? I just thought I'd throw this thought out there and see what everyone thought. I will be happy to pass out flier or do whatever I need to do to pursue it further. I just thought I'd make sure people were interested first. Save yourself some time, calories, and let's all join together and work to achieve something amazing! Leave your thoughts/ideas on the comment board here, or e-mail me at megative_11@yahoo.com Thanks! Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE this idea. You are so thoughtful. I love doing neighbor gifts and would somehow like my neighbors to know I was thinking of them. Is there a way to integrate doing this and somehow showing the neighbor that we care? Am I confusing? Call me and please let me know where I can help. Let's get this ball rolling.

INSANITY IS THE NEW NORMAL said...

I would LOVE to do this too! Maybe we could give a card to neighbors saying we donated to the certain charity in their name or something.